Fedora 33 initial impressions (Thinkpad x230):
- Installer: no way to “wipe whole HDD and repartition automatically”, like in Ubuntu.
- Two partition managers are offered during installation, one referred to by its name which I already forgot. However, neither could help me achieve what I wanted. One has automatic partitioning, but fails to destroy the EFI partition. The other can destroy the EFI partition, but doesn’t have automatic partitioning.
- In the end, I opened the GNOME’s partition manager (disk utility or something) and wiped the HDD there, then restarted the installer and used the automatic partitioning.
- Couldn’t get the timezone right automatically.
- Otherwise, the installation was plain and simple
- After installation: maybe a GNOME problem, but there is no progress bar after “download updates” is clicked. I thought nothing is happening.
- Overall, everything works, it’s even boring :-)